1. I understand and agree that these terms will come into force ONLY if Hattis Law PLLC d/b/a Hattis & Lukacs, (“LAWYERS”) notify me by email that they have accepted this application and therefore that I was chosen to be a client.
2. If I am chosen to be a client, the ATTORNEYS will represent me for the sole purpose of investigating and, if appropriate, in the opinion of the ATTORNEYS, to file arbitration against Eddie Bauer LLC and SPARC Group LLC (collectively, “Eddie Bauer”) before the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) to pursue my claims in arbitration regarding my being a victim of Eddie Bauer’s bogus discount advertising scheme.
3. I understand that if I am selected as a client, the AAA may refuse or be unable to arbitrate. For example, Eddie Bauer may refuse to participate or pay the fees required for arbitration. I agree that if the AAA refuses or is unable to hold arbitration, ATTORNEYS may immediately terminate the attorney-client relationship and no longer represent me in any capacity.
4. If I am selected to be a client and a difference of opinion arises between me and the LAWYERS on a material matter, the LAWYERS shall have the right to withdraw as my counsel of record, and I shall have the right to discharge the LAWYERS as my individual Counsel. I also acknowledge that ATTORNEYS have the right to discontinue representing me at any time if, in their professional judgment and consistent with their ethical responsibilities, they come to believe that my potential claims are unlikely to result in recovery.
5. If I am selected to be a client, I agree that ATTORNEYS may represent, and I consent to ATTORNEYS representing, multiple clients with similar or identical claims against Eddie Bauer.
6. ATTORNEYS intend to represent numerous clients with similar or identical claims against Eddie Bauer. At this time, the LAWYERS are not aware of any conflict of interest that would negatively impact the representation that the LAWYERS make to you. However, conflicts may arise in the future, including: Eddie Bauer offers a global or “lump sum” settlement to all AVOCATS clients that does not specify the amount each client will receive; or Eddie Bauer offers to settle, but only if some percentage, if not all, of the LAWYERS’ clients agree to the proposed settlement. ATTORNEYS may also be required by applicable rules of professional conduct to share important information about your claims and bargaining position with other ATTORNEYS’ clients with similar claims. Although ATTORNEYS try to avoid these problems if it is practical to do so, they can occur. If you are chosen as a client and a conflict of interest concerning you arises, AVOCATS will promptly inform you and work with you on the best way to proceed in accordance with the applicable ethical rules.
7. If I am chosen to be a customer and my case is resolved by settlement with Eddie Bauer BEFORE arbitration with the AAA has begun (i.e. before any AAA filing fees have been paid by Eddie Bauer and before the arbitrator in my case has been appointed), then I agree that ATTORNEYS shall be entitled to a $750 block attorney’s fee on any recovery from Eddie Bauer in payment for having prepared my claim, made a request to Eddie Bauer and negotiated a resolution. In this case, any amount over $750 recovered from Eddie Bauer will be mine. I agree that $750 represents reasonable attorneys’ fees for the settlement of my claims prior to the commencement of arbitration and reflects the time, effort, expense and skill that ATTORNEYS will devote to my case up to that time. -the. I understand that the remuneration of LAWYERS is not fixed by law but is negotiable between the lawyer and the client. (Certain state laws require us to disclose our regular hourly rates; these rates, which you will not be charged, range from $200 for junior paralegals to $800 for senior associates.)
8. If I am selected as a client and my case is resolved AFTER arbitration with the AAA has begun (i.e. after all AAA filing fees have been paid and after arbitrator has been appointed), I authorize ATTORNEYS to seek from the arbitrator for, or to obtain directly from Eddie Bauer, attorneys’ fees and expenses separate and distinct from any payment I receive for my claims. In the event that Eddie Bauer proposes and I agree to a settlement of my claims that does not include separate payment to the ATTORNEYS of their reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, I agree that the ATTORNEYS are entitled to compensation for their services in the amount of one-third (33-1/3%) of my monetary recovery under such settlement. I understand that the remuneration of LAWYERS is not fixed by law but is negotiable between the lawyer and the client.
9. If I am selected as a client, I authorize ATTORNEYS to partner with other attorneys to assist me with my potential claims at no additional cost to me.
10. If I am chosen to be a client, I will provide to the ATTORNEYS in a timely manner any information or document reasonably requested by the ATTORNEYS and, if necessary, to provide evidence in the arbitration. If I do not respond in a timely manner to ATTORNEYS’ requests, including for purposes of a possible settlement, I understand that ATTORNEYS may immediately terminate the attorney-client relationship such that ATTORNEYS would no longer represent me in any capacity. whether it be.
11. If I am chosen as a client, I authorize LES AVOCATS to present to Eddie Bauer a “Notice of Dispute” document with my digital signature indicating: that I have retained the services of AVOCATS to represent me in connection with my complaints; information necessary to notify Eddie Bauer of my complaints, including my account number, service address and relevant contact details; and that I authorize Eddie Bauer to provide ATTORNEYS with my confidential account records as necessary to resolve my claims.
12. I acknowledge that ATTORNEYS have not and will not provide any warranty as to the outcome of my claims.
13. I authorize ATTORNEYS to send me text messages related to this case at the phone number or numbers that I have provided in this application to be a client. I declare that I am the subscriber of these numbers and that I have the authority to give such consent. (You are not required to provide this authorization in order for us to represent you. If you do not wish us to communicate with you via text message, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you do not wish to receive text messages.)